Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Journey to the last frontier

A friend of mine once asked me "What is the one place that man has built, but is never allowed to?". I was thinking of complex stuff like nuclear reactor core or deep sea rig or something like that, but his answer was deceptively simple. "Ladies toilet", he told me. I would never have thought of that. But it made sense. After all I have never been to one in my whole life. Till last weekend.

Me and a friend were driving to Boston, and I really needed to use the restroom. We pulled into a gas station, and as luck would have it, some jackass was inside the the toilet. I waited for about 10 minutes, but he won't come out. I was desperate by this time, and I didn't think twice about using the ladies restroom nearby. Truth be told, I really didn't know what to expect in there, but I certainly didn't think it would look like a gent's restroom. And that was exactly how it looked.

When I came out a woman was waiting outside. She gave me an odd look. But I didn't care. My friend had a good laugh though. As we were continuing on our way, I remembered that old conversation I had. "Not any more", I thought, "not any more."

I feel like a pioneer.