Monday, April 30, 2007

Stranger in the mirror

Have you ever got the feeling that you are looking at a stranger when you look at the mirror? Of lately, this is what I feel. The face staring back at me is not the one I am used to. It looks different, yet familiar in a strange way. I liked to look at my reflection a lot (who doesn't?), but not anymore. This is not the person whom I once identified with. This is not the boy with that glint in his eyes. The boy who is always thinking of a prank to pull on others. I guess I am changing. And change is something I never liked. I hate to get out of my comfort zone. But I have to, unless I want to stay in this same sorry state. As I struggle to come into terms with my new identity, I contemplate on my past successes and failures, and I think fondly of them. Every one of them was a lesson, a stepping stone, on my path which has led me here. There are so many more such experiences to savour as I move forward. I just hope some bad events in the past won't scare me or hold me back from enjoying a full life in the future.

No comments: